Friday, May 12, 2006

Most Excellent Conversation

Time: 11:45 AM
Place: Work

Nosy Coworker: Where are you going?
Me: Home.
NC: Do you mean to lunch?
Me: Nope. I'm going home.
NC: It's only 11:45. Did you take half a vacation day?
Me: Nope.
NC (irritated): How can you do this?
Me: Easily. I get in the car and drive home. It's OK, I told the engineering secretary.
NC: I thought you were real busy.
Me: I am. Insanely so, but I hit 40 hours yesterday and I'm working Saturday, again. Something's got to give, so I'm out of here. See you Monday.
NC: Is your cell phone number on the list?
Me: (walking away): Nope.

7 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger acw said...

Good for you. I would have flipped off the nosy coworker though. Just to be on the safe side.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

HAHAHA. Excellent. A pox upon every office's Nosy Coworker.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's why the phrase "mind your business" evolved. :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Charles said...

I bet you are looking forward to a vacation.

You are working like 52 hours. Thats like woah. The most I ever worked was 43. I'm not going any further than that.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

"Attention, class? I want everyone to use "fuckstick" in a sentance at least once this week!"

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

*sentEnce....

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger tfg said...

Damn, that's busy when you don't have time to read your own blog.

ACW-Where is your blog?

idle-I have many nosy coworkers, so I need the pox in bulk.

diamon-It also might be how the electric cattle prod was invented.

charles-It's a little more than 52, but I am looking forward to a vacation, indeed.

hinky-fuckstick?? That's my new word for the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home