Friday, March 10, 2006

Random Crap II

It's more random crap:

-It's 8:52, on a Friday morning, which means I should have been sitting at my desk for the last 52 minutes. However, I'm still in my boxers, it's 65 degrees outside and TFD wants to play, so I'm thinking 11:30 AM is more appropriate.

- As I may have mentioned, we have two office weird guys at work. OWG2 likes costumes. When I started, the Dockworker ensemble was his standard fare. Recently, he has been dressing like Indiana Jones, complete with the hat and leather jacket. I wish I knew the psychological significance of this, because I am A-1 on his list when he commences the inevitable workplace shooting spree.

- When the hell did Ohio get so funny? I've been to Cincinnati and Columbus many times and I never found the state even slightly amusing. Okay, maybe I laughed a little at Circleville's Pumpkin Festival, but that's about it. Yet, I keep finding blogs from Ohio that are hilarious: Shop Dungarees, God, people piss me off, and Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater of Terror . I guess Ohio is the "Fart in a Space Suit" kind of funny, it's much more amusing if you aren't in it.

- I've noticed that some blogs have "members only" areas for selected commenters. I'm the curious kind, so I signed up for two of them. So far, I've been deleted from both. In the first case, I was deleted within 2 minutes of registering, while the second deletion took a few weeks. I imagine it is my Marxist leanings cause me to say that this is a good thing. As Groucho eloquently put it, "I don't want to be part of any club that would have someone like me as a member."

-There seems to be quite a bit of Blog Drama going on these days. The Sweetneys are battling their archrivals, the Cheeses, or something. This has lead to debates on blog policy statements, comment moderation, and what not. I guess I'm not sharp enough to fathom the subleties of proper blog etiquette. The way I see it is that a blog is the sole property of the blogger, who is free to do what they like with it.

I have deleted posts for various reasons, but primarily because they sucked. And I will delete more posts. I am constantly deleting my own comments because I proofread like a drunken immigrant on crack. I haven't deleted anyone else's comments because nobody has told me that I'm a huge prick and when they do they'll be preaching to the choir.

- I have invented a portable sockholder:



10 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

I'm really jealous that someone is hooky-ing from work and I can't. Being the receptionist and therefore inherently required to be present every minute of the workday blows. It blows poop.

And I don't even know what that means.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Broadsheet said...

Prick

:-)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Jen Gaffney said...

That dog is amazing. What else can he transport?

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew! He's going to drool in your sock.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You signed up for my "private area" and you're still on there. Maybe you just forgot your password or something.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger tfg said...

TIR-Now that I'm here, I realize that I should have made it the whole day.

broadsheet- Amen.

jen-I've been trying to teach him to transport illegal aliens, but I haven't had much luck with it.

fool-Yes, but it saves me the trouble of doing it myself.

scott-I missed the hogcalling contest in Circleville. I should have stuck around longer.

SC-I'll check it out.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Cham said...

Somebody needs to make a call

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and sock warmer.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger jennetic said...

Ah, I think you might want to visit the annual Pumpkin Chunkin over in Delaware- http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

Some good times, there.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger NPR Junky said...

As an almost lifelong DE resident, the punkin chunkin is a GOOD TIME.

And the sockwarmer idea is a good one, you might want to investigate a patent for that badboy there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home