Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sack of Hammers

I've been in the Midwest for the last 3 days for Easter vacation. On Friday, I was helping a friend of mine replace the thermostats in a small apartment complex that he owns. These apartments aren't slums, but they aren't luxury apartments, either. The tenant was home in one apartment and preceded to tell me all about her new furniture. I agreed that it was nice and went about my business. As I left, I spotted this:

It's an access hatch to the attic, which is accessible from a public area. To make entry to the attic, all one needs is a ladder. The tenant saw me looking at it and we had the following conversation.

Me: I'm going to tell XXX (the landlord) to put a padlock on that hatch.
Tenant: Why?
Me: Because anybody can get up there. Once they're in the attic, they can knock a hole in your ceiling and get in. It's only sheetrock. You wouldn't want anyone stealing your new stuff, right?
Tenant: (matter of factly): Don't be silly. No thief is going to be able to get my stuff out through a hole in the ceiling.

7 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Double Dogged said...

That is really funny! We all know that you chop a hole in the floor and take it out through the basement. LOL

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

For their sake, I hope they were drunk or stoned beyond all human comprehension before that comment. If not, I'm scared for the future of humankind.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i think i used to date her.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kira said...

hey, it's the midwest, what do you expect (just kidding)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kira said...

also would love some before and after diet pics, unless you've gained it all back.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger tfg said...

dd-I'm suprised she didn't think of that.

chris-As far as I could tell, she was straight.

eebmore-Yes, you've caught me. I changed the names and was really refering to mom.

kira-Yes, they grow them dumb out there. I'll have a diet update on Wednersday, probably.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger * said...

it IS the midwest...

Oops, I guess someone else already mentioned that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home