Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Happy Satan Day

I don't attribute much biblical significance to the date, as I don't attribute much significance to the Bible. Nevertheless, Revelations 13:16-18 states:

Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom: let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number. Its number is six threescore six.

Personally, I view Christianity as a fairy tale that has gone horribly awry. However, it occurred to me today that the average US credit score is 667, which is a whole lot like 666. Wouldn't that just suck if the Christians were actually right?

10 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger johnny dollar said...

credit cards are the spawn of satan.

hey tfg, thanks for the blogroll add - i'm 'tasteful?' wow, i'm touched :)

i must update my blogroll. it needs some duck sauce anyways.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure. It's 667, after having been rounded up from 666.??. WE'RE DOOMED!

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie Manson placed a great deal of emphasis on that bible passage as well. Coincidence...I think not.

[wondering if Manson has sub-atomic powers in his prison jumpsuit]

Personally, the fact that yesterday was the D-Day anniversary means far more to this student of history than any biblical references to apocalyptic propensities.

~Lapsed catholic schoolgirl and proud of it

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Nope, you're right. Fairy tale. And not even a very creative one.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger doggerelblogger said...

Wait a minute - did that bible excerpt just say that you have to have some kind of SATANIC MARK on you to buy stuff?

Whaaa? That flies in the face of all that is holy! Or something!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger tfg said...

hink-I wonder how you prove that you're Lutheran to open an account.

j$-Credit cards are evil, indeed.

sbd-I hadn't condidered rounding.

jennygags-You know what Mr. Zappa had to say about catholic girls, don't you?

shamus-I've always been fascinated by cons and scams. By that standard, Christianity is a true masterpiece.

db-And how.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

Creditors are indeed the devil's spawn. There might be something to that.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Sweary said...

I think it said that people with the mark of the beast can buy or sell people who don't have the mark of the beast, or something.

I've written 666 on my right hand with marker, and later I'm going to try and sell my grandmother for a couple of bevvies. I'll let you know how I get on.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Okay that credit score thing, is just a little creepy.

One thing though, that would mean whoever created the credit score would have to be the "Beast". LOL

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger karla said...

Did the bible burst into flames when you read it?

As for the credit score issue, I think you're safe. Your score, which is probably around 12, is nowhere near 666. Relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home