Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bags In Trees

I was looking at list of referrals to this blog on Sitemeter when I noticed that a blog called bagintrees.com had linked to me. This blog is essentially a photoblog that is dedicated to showing plastic bags that have become entangled in urban trees. Most entries consist of a picture of a treed bag and a corresponding Google map providing the photo's origin. Here is the latest post, which typifies their efforts:



I found the theme of bagintrees.com mildly fascinating because I've never paid much mind to what might be hanging in local trees. Even when I have seen such things, I didn't consider the artistic implications of what I was witnessing. Consequently, I was compelled to become more observant of my surroundings, particularly with respect to urban foliage. I was amazed to find that this phenomenon is far more common than I had ever imagined. Here are a couple of pictures of featuring bags in trees that I was able to capture:




Although I have failed at every single artistic endeavor that I've ever attempted, it appears that I might have a knack for this kind of thing. In fact, I was inspired to create my own sub-genre, which I like to call Douchebags in Trees:


17 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Luck o' the Irish said...

Perhaps you can artistically put in Dick Cheney "hunting" near the trees! ka-blam!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger johnny dollar said...

no wonder all the birds come to our property, downtown's trees are full of severed heads...

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Lori said...

Love it! Douchebags in Trees. HA!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Charles said...

No Joke, I just logged on to Blogmad, and guess which blog is the Daily top voted blog

Bags in Trees!

LOL @ your Douchebags!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Your douchebags in trees must be some sort of Photographical manipulation!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger verity said...

LOLOL. Perfect!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Charissa said...

Thanks tfg for the shout out. I love your twist on it!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I love it in the fall when the bags change colors, but I hate raking up those sons of bitches.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Brian Sacawa said...

haha! thanks for the mention!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger jmeped said...

Thanks for the visit. This made me laugh. Bags in trees? I Thought I had too much time on my hands.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger tfg said...

luck-I hadn't thought of that.

j$-Yeah, I think that's part of the edgines that citydwellers always refer to.

lori, charles-Thanks.

ACW-Yes, you caught me. The trees are fakes.

verity,charissa, brian-Thanks. I think BIT is pretty clever, as well.

Dyck-You rake your marijuana fields?

jmeped-Thanks. If you look closely at the pics, you'll see I didn't spend much time at all.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Baron Ectar said...

LMAO - I have bagged a few in trees myself!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger puerileuwaite said...

.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but what about fags in trees?

Allow me to "leave" you with a few suggestions:

Elton John
George Michael
Lance Bass
Oprah's Steadman
Dom DeLuise
Burt Reynolds
Paul Lynde
The 2nd Darren from Bewitched
Tom Cruise
Fagin from Oliver Twist
Liberace
Rock Hudson
That dude from Will and Grace
Michael Stipe
A Catholic Priest or two
Dick Cheney
Random Republicans
Ted Kennedy (just ... because)

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Susiebadoozie said...

oh, there are way more douchebags that belong in trees, come ON

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger JBlue said...

Hilarious. Hey, you could maybe market this as some kind of squirrel deterrent. Anti-squirrel douchebags? But, then, people would probably rather have the squirrel infestation. Never mind....

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger NPR Junky said...

Priceless! Wonderful!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger karla said...

Baltimore continually impresses me with the intelligence of the citizens who live there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home