Monday, January 02, 2006

10 Minutes to Wapner

Typically, when the medical industry comes out with a newly discovered "disease" I am skeptical. As far as I am concerned, the bulk of medical "research" is horseshit designed to increase the revenues of the research sponsors. Yet, when I read the symptoms of Adult Attention Deficit Disorder they describe me almost perfectly. I don't actually think it is a disease and I don't anticipate doing anything about it, but sometimes it tries my patience. Like tonight.

Earlier, I determined that my head was going to explode if I didn't get a cheesesteak sub. So, I grabbed one of the many carryout menus that are delivered to my door and called my favorite cheesesteak store. They tell me it will be ready in 15 minutes, so off I went. When I got there, I gave them my name and they didn't know what I was talking about. There was no cheesesteak for TFG there. Apparently, I wasn't listening when they said the name of the shop I had really ordered from. I reached in my pocket to retrieve my cell phone and check the call log. I had forgotten the cell phone in the car. So, I headed back to the car to find that I had actually left the cell phone at home. I didn't want to stiff the shop I had ordered from, so I went home to look at the phone. Once home, I found the number and started comparing it to the stack of carryout menus that were on the table. No dice, I had misplaced the carryout menu that I had ordered from. My only remaining option is to call the number. I called hoping to recognize the name of the place so I don't have to ask any stupid questions. Again, I was S.O.L because I had never ordered from them before. Instead, I got to ask things like, "Do you really have an order for TFG?" ,"Where are you located?" and "How much was that again?" Having a definitive destination, I get back in the car and drive to the other sub shop. I go to pay the cashier and discover that I left my wallet at home. Fortunately, I had enough dollar coins in the car to pay for the sub.

All I can say is that it is damned good thing the sub was excellent. If it wasn't, I probably would have had to spend the rest of the night trying to figure out where it came from, so I could complain.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger * said...

Hmm..sounds like something that would happen to me. Except I would have been ticked off after the visit to the first place and given up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home